Friday, July 06, 2007

Singa the Courteous Lion

Reading the morning news, I can't help but wonder whether the courtesy campaign had gone a bit too far when Richard Yong, the fuckin fraudster, very kindly agreed to be extradited back to Singapore to face trial after he was nabbed in HK.

Was there a need to ask permission from a criminal?

"Hi Mr Yong, we've finally caught you! Would you mind if we extradite you back to Singapore so that you can get lynched by the mob?"

"Well since you asked so courteously, sure. Where're your handcuffs? Let me do it myself."

There was no mention of the wife who was also caught. I suppose she said no. Politely of course.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


And this

95% of the population are Buddhists yet it's not the official religion, for fear that Thais from the Muslim-majority south may object?

If I'm a muslim from the troublemaking south, I'll feel offended if that's what they think.

The Buddhists similarly rejected the rejection and went on to, let's see.. hold hunger strikes, marched elephants through the streets of Bangkok, tipped over a huge replica alms bowl..

And I thought worldly status should be the last thing on their mind.

No comments: