Monday, July 30, 2007

Fate

I don't know why it took me this long to write about such.

Destiny, dated.

I saw two girls in a train compartment at Raffles Place. four hours later, after traveling to the west and back, I spotted them, again together in the same compartment, heading in the same direction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before I moved out of hall, my mailbox's key was mixed up with my old room's, so I tried them out at the mailboxes. I discovered that my key opened both mailboxes. I then tried it on all others in the same block but none would work. So out of the entire block, I had ended up with two rooms that shared the same keys.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
During a dreary lunch break, I was chatting with Peiyi about the odd-jobs that we had done before. She then mentioned her stint at a florist many years ago, and recounted a weirdly memorable order that she had taken from a customer over the phone. The dedication on the bouquet's card was highly mushy and too long for the phone so it had to be sent over the length of 3 smses. The customer also sms-ed back at the end of the day to thank her. During then came the shocking realization that there I was, sitting at a cafe, sipping Mr Teh Tarik with the girl from whom I had ordered Valentine's Day flowers before we knew each other, half a decade ago.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes I buy $2 of Toto because I'm a cheapo. On a particular day, while on the way to the lottery outlet, I acquired a good feeling. The good feeling that I had made me buy $5 instead of $2, hence increasing my chances of winning from 1/1,466,110,800 to 1/586,444,320. That evening when I checked the locations of the winning outlet, I saw that the both the Group 1 and Group 2 winning tickets came from the same outlet that I bought from...

When I matched the winning numbers with mine, I realised that even destiny gets it all wrong sometimes.

No comments: