Saturday, July 14, 2007

About Me - The early years

This will be the first of many parts about me.


I have a colorful history of injuries.

- By the time I entered primary school, I had twice left Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 in a pool of blood. The first time, I was rocking myself on a chair like humpty dumpty, all limbs and head tucked under my t-shirt. I then over-rocked and tumbled over onto the floor, head-first. I think my mum screamed when she saw that humpty dumpty had a great fall, and a bloody head. I couldn't remember most of what happened after that, save for someone stitching me up with thread and needle.

- The second accident was less storybook-like. Just a simple run along my babysitter's corridor, then trip and fall, crash and bang. I once again broke my fall with my trusty head, this time against the stair at the front door. I remember I held a towel against my wound to stem the blood flow as Uncle carried me on the lift down. That made me a two-time veteran of stitching up operations, both on the right of my forehead, at almost the same location incidentally, and quite a few stitches each way.

No comments: