Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Intern - Day 22/50

Contrary to what many may have feared, The Intern is still alive.

Days have fallen into weeks, and the weeks daisychained to the first month passed. By the end of this week, the halfway mark would be reached.

Each day of slavery has since taken on a monotonous routine of filling up the 17" monitor with my face while trying to debug some programming shit. Such braindrain is punctuated only by lunch and teabreak which is sadly losing its regularity; Fat Tham declared to embark on another of his nonsensical Slim Tham 2007 plan.

The working environment remains cold and silent. The most meaningful exchange of dialogue was over in two lines when Jenny the HR personnel handed me my first internship pay cheque. It was a fruitful conversation. Fruits are expensive these days. I now spend my daily existence looking forward to the next dialogue that I will have with her in a month's time.

The hours after work are less predictable. But I usually take the lift down. If nothing major crops up or the world doesn't need saving on that day, The Intern heads home to watch Heroes. About 4 more episodes to the finale of Season 1. At the end of that, the secret cache of 100+ carefully selected films should be able to last for a year or so.

No comments: