Saturday, June 16, 2007

Breathing ashes by the north eastern dawn

A toast for my deceased grandpa. And another to the reaches of the Internet.

I'm doing the midnight shift for the fourth straight night at the funeral, currently tapping into somebody's wireless network from a pavilion among the HDB estate.

In an hour's time I'll see a pudgy woman emerging from the lift lobby behind me, with a cigerette in her mouth.

In two hour's time another better looking lady will be on her way to work, carrying two bags with her, sometimes three.

And yet another hour later, I should be waiting for the rest to wake up from deep slumber, so that I can return home to my morning bed. I usually fall asleep the moment I lie down. But not today. The crematorium awaits the body which won't wake again.

No comments: