Sunday, January 27, 2008

the accidental tear

The knife that stabs at my heart remains mercilessly sharp.

I removed your name card from my well worn wallet. A glance brought it all back.

The words that you said to me half a year ago, in your faux chinese accent as you handed me the name card, lingers on morosely in my mind, "wo shi lee wei wei, qing duo duo zhi jiao!", and i burst out in laughters.

stab and slash.

I'm fine.
i merely shed one drop of tear tonight. it flows, like a scar that cuts from the edge of my right eye to the corner of my mouth, from a day in November three years ago to last August, and from then on till today. one smooth, winding drop. flowing like the deepest ocean. that's all. i'm still fine.

if i leave it on my face, can i taste it tomorrow?

2 more days.

No comments: